6 QUIRKY BUT QUICK TIPS TO PAYING OFF DEBTTom Uhlich
1. Leave all income from eBay in your PayPal account until the end of the month then use it solely for paying down the mortgage
2. Any money you receive outside your normal salary (all reimbursements, unexpected overtime, etc.) goes to debt
3. Split your monthly payments over 4 weeks for personal/car/student loan = less interest (as accrued daily) and smaller chunks of money going to payments (easier to budget around $147/week than $1,000 full hit)
4. Tricked myself into paying off your mortgage by refinancing from a 30-year to 25-year loan
5. Every fortnight after your mortgage payment comes out, see what its new balance is and pay down the odd numbers to make it a nice even number via online account transfer
6. If you have credit card debt that you’re trying to pay down, pay something as soon as the bill arrives vs waiting until the due date. This simple trick will shave down the interest you pay and help you pay it off quicker.